- How to Store You Cigar without Humidifier?
- Cigars of the Silver Screen
- What Factors Influence the Price of Cigars?
- Cigar Festivals of the World
- Cigars of the Silver Screen
- Women That Love Cigars – Cigar Traditions
- Politics, Power and The Pleasure of the Perfect Smoke
- Cigar Production: A Primer
- Cigar Traditions – Celebrating a New Addition to the Family
- Christmas Gifts for Cigar Lovers
- February 2019 (6)
- January 2019 (3)
- December 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (3)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (3)
- June 2018 (3)
- May 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (3)
- January 2018 (4)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (3)
- October 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (3)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (4)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (4)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (1)
- April 2016 (2)
11th May 2017Pick Your Flavour: Popular Types of Cigars
Cigars have long been one of the world’s most enjoyed pastimes. At high class events and roadside cafes across the globe you see men and women enjoying the rich taste of a full-flavoured stogie. They can be enjoyed as part of a toast or as an addition to morning coffee: they take their place in the most prestigious and subtle of settings. Tobacco’s history stems from the plant growing naturally in the region that is today Central America and the Caribbean, however it is now grown worldwide wherever the climate is warm and tropical.
Given that the tobacco plant has its history in the barmy air of the Latin American region, it is only natural that the world’s most famous cigars come from the likes of Cuba and the Dominican Republic. Havana itself is known for hosting some of history’s greatest cigar bars, with the likes of Ernest Hemingway enjoying a rum and stogie in the bars of La Ciudad de las Columnus helping the region earn its reputation for enjoying the fine taste of the cigar.
So, this being said, what are the most popular choices of cigars for aficionados throughout the world? Having spoken so much of its popularity in Latin America, it is with no wonder that the most enjoyed brands come from that region, and have plenty of history to back their popularity.
Read on to find out who make the list of the world’s most popular cigars.
- Romeo y Julieta – A brand that began with humble beginnings in Cuba, when the Castro Government took control of production in the 1950s the label moved to the Dominican Republic for production, however continued to be produced simultaneously in Cuba. Today, known as one of the world’s most renowned manufacturers, Romeo y Julieta operates in both Caribbean countries and have been enjoyed devoutly by the likes of one of history’s most revered cigar aficionados, Winston Churchill.
- Cohiba – Possibly the most well-known brand throughout the world, Cohiba have been producing fine cigars for over 50 years. When the Cuban Government nationalised the cigar industry the owners switched production to the Dominican Republic, like their counterparts from Romeo y Julieta. With them they took the knowledge, seeds, and material needed to create what is today regarded as one of the world’s finest cigars.
- Montecristo – Just like the aforementioned manufacturers from Cuba, Montecristo is another label whose production benefited from exiling themselves to the DR. Now one of the world’s most popular labels, they too operate under one name but with production in either nation.
These are probably the world’s three most respected labels. Due to the quality and history behind each producer, they have forged a reputation for being enjoyed in all circumstances.
Cigars.com.au is a proud supplier of these fine cigars, browse our range and find the perfect product for your enjoyment.
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM CIGARS.COM.AU
I DECLARE THAT I AM OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE